Monday, April 11, 2011

It has been far too long

I haven't blogged in what seems like forever. I'll be honest life has gotten the best of me. With trying to survive my last semester of college, plan a wedding, and figure out to do with my life, I really haven't any time to blog. I have been on & have been reading all of your blogs. But I'm a horrible person and I haven't even left a single comment. For that, I apologize. I promise I'm going to try blogging so much more. With college ending in a short 38 days (OMG ! Panic mood), I will hopefully have more time to devote to my blog and following everyones.


On that note, I should probably catch ya'll up on my life, if you're interested that is! :P The last time I blogged, back in February hubs and I were trying to decide if I was going to go out to Japan to visit him. Well we decided that I would. And it was the very best decision! We realllly needed to see each other and spend some quality time together. Aside from being in Tokyo when the earthquake happened (that's a whole other story) the trip was amazing. I got to see J's base and where he works. I got to meet his friends and some coworkers. And I really got to experience what life is like on the Island. I didn't want to leave and I had a really hard time walking away after the week was over. But I'm planning another trip for June, with another Milspouse. As long as J is still there. He's supposed to be hearing news soon about coming home and doing all his separation stuff. It's bittersweet. We've been together for 2 years, and all this time we've been a military couple. Now, we're going to be a civilian couple. It's a strange feeling. Exciting, nervous, anxious, happy all rolled up into one little ball. I'm excited and happy for no more separations, no more deployments, no more long distance phone calls or skype dates. But I'm nervous and anxious because I have no idea what comes next. He knows what he wants to do when he gets out. But who knows where his job will take us? But as long as him and I are together, that is really all that matters to me. Sometimes, I wish he'd reenlist. The reassurance of always having a job, healthcare, money in the bank..all of that helps me feel better about the future. But right now, it's like everything is so uncertain. We have noo idea where we'll be 10 months from now. I think what I'm going to miss most of all is having this loving community of military spouses that I can go to, day or not, phone or email, and they are always there. with no hesitation, no pause, nothing. they are always there to comfort me. And after this year, I won't belong to that group anymore. So, where will I belong? I don't really know I guess. I am exciting to start this new chapter and really start our lives together. But I'm soo nervous too.


Speaking of Milspouses, I was reading another Milspouse's blog (sorry, can't remember who!) and there was a post about another Milspouse posting about ending her life. I just want to say my prayers are with you. I have heard that it was unsuccesful and you are still with us, on this earth. And I pray to God that it stays that way. I don't understand why, but just know there are tons and tons of people who are thinking of you and praying for you. This post really got me thinking about how short life truly is. I mean, I've known it, obviously. I feel like we all have, especially because we are Military wives. But still. It just really got me thinking and appreciating the people in my life even more. Jessica, I am praying for you and I really hope you find comfort in how many people have been praying for you and thinking of you.


I promise to write more! I need to get to homework now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Well... if he stays with NSA, you'll be a quasi MilSpouse! One of my friends hubby's got out of the Navy but does the same job as a civilian there. He wants to be promoted so he will be doing a 6mo deployment to Afghanistan... it's weird thinking of civilians getting deployed!

    I know you guys will do great with whatever happens!

    ReplyDelete