Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unpacked, out-of-town guests, and wedding dresses

It's been a couple days since I've blogged. This weekend was crazy hectic. We moved furniture all day Saturday and spent all evening unpacking and decorating. It feels so good knowing my man and I have our own place..I say place and not home because we're still renting an apartment. So I guess it doesn't quite feel like a home yet. Nonetheless, it feels soo good knowing we live together. Moving out of of my parent's house wasn't nearly as tearful as I thought it would be. It was a little sad, especially because I have to leave my kitten (roommate's allergic), but I'm proud of myself..I didn't cry as much as I anticipated.

Our first weekend living together and we already had our first out-of-town guest. One of my best friends from school is in from Texas for graduation this weekend. I like having pepole from out-of-town visit. I like being able to show off our new home, show off my ring, and brag a little about all the wedding plans! Haha..but it's a brides privilege to brag a little bit! It was soo good to see her though. I've been through alot in the past few months and I parted ways with a very close of mine, and this weekend was just what I needed. I needed that reassurance that just because one door closed doesn't mean all my other ones did. I needed to surrond myself with friends and family who make me feel important and not people who bring me down. All in all, it was a really great weekend.

Yesterday, a group of my closest girlfriends, my mom, and I went to look at wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses. It was so much fun. I found a few dresses that I absolutely adore! And I also picked out two possiblities for my bridesmaids to wear. I fell in love with these dresses. But, I don't want to buy my dress too soon. We're not getting married until November 26, 2011. I'm afraid if I buy a dress too soon, I'm going to not like it or I'm going find something better. So, I'm holding off for a bit to actually purchase my dress. But, it doesn't hurt to look, right?! :) For now, I'll just keep looking and trying on...I must admit I felt like a princess trying on all the dresses. I cannot wait till I actually purchase my wedding dress. Ahh, I just can't wait for the wedding!

Wel, I have an apartment to clean and it's raining here, which is making me soo sleepy. I need to find some motivation! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

  1. You can never try on too many wedding dresses. Even if you don't but them, its like a grown-up game of dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that waiting to buy a dress is probably a good idea. My sister-in-law was engaged for a year and a half, bought her dress after a couple of months, and ended up buying ANOTHER dress a few months before the wedding. But try on as many as you can!! I wish I could do that part all over again.

    ReplyDelete